Fort Point Website
Fort Point is an independent San Francisco beer company made up of people who believe the simple things in life can be a whole lot better. Our approach to brewing is to make the familiar taste unusually delicious. We’re influenced by the craft brewing tradition, but we’re also allergic to dogma. We care most about making beers worth coming back to—beers that people are proud to enjoy and share with each other.
Fort Point Beer Company is seeking bartenders & servers to join our Lower Haight taproom team. Ideal candidates will have a passion for all things food, craft beer, natural wine & cocktails, a strong understanding of hospitality and customer service and must have a minimum of 5 years service experience.
Candidates must be comfortable with back-of-house work, and will be expected to prep, cook & assemble small plates, including hot dogs, sandwiches & salads.
- Hours: Part-time,
- Industry: Food and Beverage,
- Hospitality, make our customers feel welcome and help guide them through their experience with professional, educated and polite service.
- Help customers select from a menu of craft beers, natural wines, cocktails & food.
- Educate customers on beer styles and Fort Point Beer Company
- Front-of-house basics: Order taking; Serving Food, Snacks, Beer, Wine, & Softdrinks; Table, floor and guest expectation management; Opening and closing a cash register; Inventory control; Cash drawer management
- Back-of-house basics: Food preparation; Food assembly; Kitchen cleanliness; Sanitizer usage
- Five years front-of-house service experience
- Must be 21 years of age or older at the time of application
- Proficient interpersonal relations and communicative skills in English
- Some holidays required
- Weekends required
$16.32 / hour + Pooled Tips
Health Care: 100% Employer contribution to Kaiser Gold plan and 50% for Dependents Paid sick time, unpaid holiday time off, and 1.5x pay on company holidays where retail remains open (example: Memorial Day) Eligible for Dental, Vision, Accident, Life, and Identity Theft group plans Eligible for Pet Insurance group plan 401(k) Commuter pre-tax benefits Medical and Dependent Care FSA pre-tax benefits
26-32 hours / week (4 shifts)
Other Application Requirements
In your cover letter, please answer: "What is your favorite Fort Point beer and why? and What does hospitality mean to you?".