Bi-Rite Market Website
The Bi-Rite Family of Businesses has been a San Francisco institution for more than 80 years. Today, the company includes two neighborhood Markets (on 18th Street and Divisadero), a world-renowned Creamery and solar-powered Creamery Truck, and our creative Catering and Commissary Kitchen. We believe food does more than nourish, it brings people together. As a Certified B Corporation, ranked in the top 5% for the world for our community impact, it’s our responsibility to build meaningful relationships with each part of our extended family: the food we make and sell connects our staff, our guests, our producers, and the environment. Named one of Forbes 25 Best Small Companies in America, our team is comprised of entrepreneurs, dreamers, doers, artists, activists, and, of course, food lovers!
If you’re a people person with a passion for heartfelt service, we invite you to join us on our mission of Creating Community Through Food®!
Bi-Rite Management Services, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Hours: Full-time,
- Industry: Food and Beverage,
We have an immediate opening for a Service Butcher. The Deli Specialist (Service Butcher) is responsible for creating an inspiring experience for our guests. They give outstanding service by meeting and exceeding our guests’ expectations and providing excellent internal service to the team. Their responsibilities include assisting in the smooth and seamless operations of the business, reaching store goals, upholding product quality and consistency standards, controlling inventory levels and mitigating waste, maintaining equipment and facilities, and safely handling all of our products and equipment. They are part of a cohesive Bi-Rite team that supports the Bi-Rite Missions, 2024 Vision, and Community Values.
- Welcomes guests, provides expertise and assistance in the Butchery + Deli departments.
- Creates beautiful and bountiful displays. Keeps the department displays neat, clean, accurately labeled, and well-stocked.
- Prepares all Butchery offerings to Bi-Rite standards, maintaining up to date ingredient lists.
- Puts away inventory, paying close attention to proper rotation, handling perishable items safely, and restocking high-volume products quickly.
-Keeps the business running smoothly by keeping the department clean by dusting and sweeping as needed, and maintaining sample displays.
- Handles damaged, out-of-date, spoils, and returned products to department standards
SUCCESS IN THIS ROLE:
- Committed to Bi-Rite's mission to Creating Community Through Food ® and values of Lead with Love, Pursue with Passion, and Act with Integrity.
- Genuinely finds interest in learning about and sharing Good Food.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver great internal and external service: identifying what others need, getting it for them and taking the extra steps to ensure they have a positive experience.
- Able to work independently; possesses effective prioritization and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to follow directions and procedures, and accurately completes assigned tasks in a timely manner.
- Approaches new situations and people with openness, curiosity, and humility; treats others with dignity and respect.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with shifting priorities.
- Energetic, works with a sense of urgency and adapts to the needs of the business.
- Embraces change and proposes more effective ways of working.
- Ability to fulfill the physical requirements of the role with or without accommodations.
- Ability to communicate in a concise, clear, and productive manner; seeks to understand others through active listening.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with others to complete tasks and achieve shared goals.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays, as needed.
- Committed to punctuality and exemplary attendance.
- ServSafe Certification, California Food Handler card is required within 30 days post-hire. Bi-Rite provides on-site training and certification.
- Continuous standing and carrying between 11-50+ pounds.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
-Six months back of the house or butchery experience recommended.
Starting Pay: $19.50/hour
40% discount on purchases (20% on alcohol); 100% paid medical, dental and vision insurance; Paid Time Off; Holiday Pay; 401(k) retirement plan with employer match (4%) and profit sharing; Paid training, field trips and volunteerism; Career advancement opportunities; A satisfying meal with your shift; Weekly on-site COVID testing; Pre-tax commuter benefits; Employee Assistance Programs; Free 18 Reasons Cooking Classes
Full-time; Ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
Cover letter Required
Other Application Requirements