Good Machine Studio
Good Machine Studio Website
Good Machine is a venture studio at the intersection of community driven technology, inspired humans, and symbiotic capital. We build solutions for a better world by developing technologies creatively and connecting people through elevated communication.
These solutions are prototyped, incubated, and launched into new companies.
Good Machine is looking for full-time and part-time shop assistants. This is a great opportunity for those who have previously managed makerspaces or are very comfortable operating and maintaining equipment common to makerspaces. Some training may be provided, but this is not an entry-level opportunity.
- Hours: Full-time,
- Hours: Part-time,
- Industry: Advanced Manufacturing,
Perform tasks to assist in day to day operations which will vary daily and are not limited to the following:
- Setting up and calibration of 3D printers, laser cutter, and other equipment in the shop (i.e., CNC, etc.)
- Organize and keep organized all parts, tools and supplies
- Recognizes potential issues and part failure
- Change over machine parts when needed
- Maintain calibration logs
- Assist with material inventory
- Assist with packaging of parts
- Assists with other duties as needed
- Maintenance of wood and metal shops
- Performs daily organization and cleaning tasks
- Complies with shop safety practices
- Must have experience setting up and operating more than one of the following: 3D printer, laser cutter, equipment common to woodshop, equipment common to metal shop
- Must be able to lift 30+ lbs comfortably and do a variety of physical tasks and climb stairs
- Must be 18 or over
- Strong time management skills
- Excellent communication skills in person and email
- Previous makerspace operational support and maintenance experience
$25-45/hour; competitive compensation for advanced skilled candidates – DOE (depends on experience)
Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO
8 hour shifts. Monday-Friday, shop operates 7:30am – 8:30pm
Other Application Requirements
Equal Opportunity Employer. Black, Indigenous, and People of Color, women, gender non-conforming people, persons with disabilities, LGBTQIA+ people, veterans, and adults of all ages are strongly encouraged to apply. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.