Heath Ceramics Website
Heath Ceramics is a California company making dinnerware and architectural tile of good and enduring design for over 70 years. We are design-led, with the mission of creating products of beauty and integrity, while designing, manufacturing, and running our business in a way that's better for society and our planet. By taking responsibility for the entire lifecycle, we offer better products and experiences from beginning to end. We believe in the benefits of local manufacturing and support a community of people committed to and inspired by the process of designing, making, and sharing. We believe in providing a living wage, full health and welfare benefits, and a place for meaningful work.
The Showroom Supervisor supports the Showroom Manager and Assistant Manager, particularly in customer service, daily operations, and leadership. You will be instrumental in developing a sales team that consistently exceeds customer expectations and provides world-class customer service. And oversee sales staff to ensure that all sales goals are regularly met or exceeded.
Selling at Heath means appreciating dinnerware selection is very personal, as it represents family, friendship, tradition, and important gatherings. You will help shoppers understand our beautiful and distinctive selections of dinnerware, Heath Home and one-of-a-kind finds, as well as the way the registries work. You will balance excellent customer service with the demands of a busy store environment.
- Greet and assist customers, and respond to questions or complaints
- Supervise associates in making sales and helping customers
- Lead by example; demonstrate the highest standards of customer service and motivate the staff to provide an exceptional customer experience.
- Ensure health and safety regulations are followed including store security and store upkeep with a clear understanding of waste management and recycling procedures
- Examine merchandise to ensure quality, display, and functionality
- Work closely with the Showroom Manager and Assistant Manager to create retail sales training materials
- Handle all POS procedures accurately and be confident in all transaction types including sales, exchanges, gift certificate generation, registry redemptions, and any other service-related topics that help support a wonderful customer experience
- Support cycle counts, transfer receiving, pricing updates, handling products, and minimizing shrink
- Ensure store standards are met and maintained, i.e., visuals, maintenance, cleanliness, signage, safety, and ensure associates comply with all company policies and procedures
- Onboard and train new team members
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of retail sales experience
- 2+ years of sales supervisory or managerial experience
- 1+ years of experience with an inventory management system
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to coach and motivate a team to exceed sales results
- Ability to engage and speak to customers and understand their needs
- Nice to have: Passion for event planning; being involved with developing menu ideas, shopping for and assembling interesting and thoughtful presentations to compliment the story behind the Heath in-store events.
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods
- Ability to lift, reach and grasp 30 lbs of merchandise
$24 -$26 hourly, based on experience
We are committed to your health and well-being. Heath offers a comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees that includes a choice of medical plans, dental, vision, acupuncture and chiropractic, as well life insurance. An annual 401(k) contribution that grows with job tenure. Our Employee Stock Ownership Plan provides an additional retirement benefit linked to the long-term performance of the company. We offer a generous time off allocation and a great discount on all Heath Ceramics products.
Full-time, non-exempt role that will be onsite at our San Francisco factory. Candidates must have weekend availability.
Cover letter Required
Other Application Requirements
At Heath, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate it, we support it. Heath is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce at all job levels. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, transgender status, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.