One Hat One Hand
One Hat One Hand Website
We are a privately held, San Francisco-based creative company, designing and building unique experiences for primarily corporate clients, and we are growing! We are looking for an experienced fabricator/installer to help build our team!
Our staff is an inspired group of artists, craftspeople, designers, and project managers working together as One Hat One Hand. We collaborate with our clients every step of the way, taking pride in the talents and creative skills of our team and we work hard to produce seemingly impossible installations through thoughtful design, hands-on fabrication, and technology integration. Feel free to view some of the projects that have excited us over the years at www.onehatonehand.com.
One Hat One Hand’s original 25,000 square foot studio houses our administrative offices and is equipped with a wood shop, metal shop, paint shop with spray booth, CNC router facility and a daylight studio for a variety of functions. In addition we have a second 10,000 square foot facility around the corner, which houses our extensive finishing department and electronics lab.
All of this together allows us the ability to take on multiple projects at one time, managing client and vendor relationships across across multiple industries. One Hat One Hand is an exciting work environment. We bring opportunity to all of our staff to contribute to complex, creative projects across multiple disciplines, bringing integrity and a high level of quality to the work we produce.
- Hours: Part-time,
- Industry: Advanced Manufacturing,
A Fabricator is an essential building block of all One Hat One Hand productions, and is responsible for crafting custom projects, usually in wood, but also including plastics and metal. Installing our projects can be quick one-day turnarounds or months-long installs slowly getting everything right (and waiting on other contractors).
Reports To: Production Management, Project Managers and Leads (per project)
- Works with project managers and leads to complete projects to a high standard of quality on time and within budget.
- Understand detailed architectural drawings, schematics, shop drawings, and blueprints, and translate them into finished products.
- Prepare and set up machines and tooling for woodwork and manufacturing
- Operate woodworking machines, including saws, milling, routing and sanding machines
- Ensure that products meet industry standards and project specifications, making adjustments as necessary
- Installation and removal (strike) of custom projects
- Adhere to all safety policies, and best practices in a fabrication shop
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Proficient knowledge of a broad range of fabrication techniques, primarily in woodwork
- Experience with lamination (Formica, etc.), trim and cabinetry
- Advanced understanding of hand tools, power tools, and an array of materials
- At least 5 years experience in shop fabrication or construction environment.
- Ability to meet hard deadlines at fast pace
- The ability to express ideas clearly and build on the ideas of others
- Highly organized with keen attention to detail
- Work quickly and accurately while communicating / solving problems with large teams
- Attention to detail
- Ability to understand and follow direction
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS:
- Ability to lift 50-150 pounds to carry equipment and supplies as needed
- Indoor warehouse environment with moderate noise
- Understands the responsibility of protecting oneself and crew from hazardous/toxic materials by using safety equipment such as skin, eye, hearing and breathing protection
Additional Useful Skills: Valid drivers license, ability to drive 26’ box truck, and proficiency in safe packing and loading techniques
Commensurate to experience
Other Application Requirements
Please provide a portfolio of work. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.