Temescal Brewing Website
We know that good beer brings people together—and we started Temescal Brewing in 2016 to do just that.
We craft vibrant and delicious beer for our neighborhood and our pals and we’ve created a welcoming space full of Temescal vibes for everyone to enjoy.
- Hours: Full-time,
- Industry: Food and Beverage,
- Location: East Bay,
Temescal Brewing is seeking a creative, organized and energetic full-time Social Media & Community Manager to join our team. If you have a passion for beer and/or community-building, and if you love telling stories and connecting with fans online, we would be so excited to work with you.
This role reports directly to our CEO/founder and works closely with our creative director and leadership team to plan, create, and post content for Instagram and other online platforms. You will play a vital role in supporting our retail and wholesale programs, growing and engaging with our audience, and promoting our beer, team, and values.
- Developing content strategy and maintaining our social media content calendar
- Taking photos, writing copy, and posting to Temescal social media accounts and to our mailing list
- Engaging with our community online and generally keeping up on industry/marketing trends
- Managing our presence on various online platforms (our website, business listings, Yelp, Untappd)
- Working closely with event staff to plan and promote on- and off-site Temescal events
- Developing and implementing marketing strategies for special product releases and projects
While we accommodate and encourage remote work as possible, this role requires visiting and working at our two Oakland facilities. Your safety is really important to us. We have extensive policies in place to prevent the spread of COVID and protect our staff and customers, and we’re eager to discuss and address your safety needs.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Knows what it takes to build a strong brand following, ideally with 2-3 years marketing experience in beer or related industries
- Has strong writing, communication, and organizational skills
- Is comfortable taking photos for social media and excited to hone these skills
- Is kind and collaborative — our brewery motto is “No Jerks,” and we mean it!
Benefits: Medical, vision, and dental insurance; PTO; Beer perks, Personal laptop and cell phone stipends (candidate needs to own these devices)
Cover letter Required
Other Application Requirements
Please send your resume, a couple of paragraphs about why you’d like to work for Temescal Brewing and some examples of your creative work if applicable.