Bi-Rite Market Website
Create Community Through Food With Us!
The Bi-Rite Family of Businesses includes two Markets (on 18th Street and Divisadero), a world-renowned Creamery, and a full-service Catering company and Commissary Kitchen. We believe that food does more than nourish, it brings people together. As a Certified B Corporation, we believe it’s our responsibility to build meaningful relationships with each part of our extended family: the food we make and sell connects our staff, our guests, our producers, and the environment. Named one of Forbes 25 Best Companies in America, our team is comprised of entrepreneurs, dreamers, doers, artists, activists, and, of course, food lovers! If you’re a people person with a passion for heartfelt service, we invite you to Create Community Through Food with us!
We have an immediate opening for a Stocker with Driving Responsibilities. The Stocker with Driving responsibilities is responsible for creating an inspiring experience for our guests by providing excellent support and internal service to the team. Their responsibilities include assisting in the smooth and seamless operations of the business, reaching store goals, upholding product quality and consistency standards, controlling inventory levels and mitigating waste, maintaining equipment and facilities, and safely handling all of our products and equipment. They are part of a cohesive Bi-Rite team that supports the Bi-Rite Missions, 2024 Vision, and Community Values.
- Responsible for the smooth operations transferring product from one Bi-Rite business to another. Pulls orders and transports products to and from the businesses, completing orders accurately and timely, handling food and product safely, keeping our warehouse clean and organized, and communicating any maintenance issues about our vehicles.
- Keeps the department and driving area hazard free, neat, clean, accurately labeled, well-stocked, and the floor swept as needed.
- Receives, organizes and stocks all products in the warehouse, the refrigerated cases, backstock, and receiving areas.
- Puts away inventory in timely fashion, paying close attention to proper rotation, handling perishable items safely, and restocking high-volume products quickly.
- Handles damaged, out-of-date, spoils, and returned products to department standards.
- Committed to Bi-Rite's mission to Create Community Through Food and values of Lead with Love, Pursue with Passion and Act with Integrity.
- Genuinely finds interest in learning about and sharing Good Food.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver great internal and external service: identifying what others need, getting it for them and taking the extra steps to ensure they have a positive experience.
- Able to work independently; possesses effective prioritization and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to follow directions and procedures, and accurately completes assigned tasks in a timely manner.
- Approaches new situations and people with openness, curiosity and humility; treats others with dignity and respect.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with shifting priorities.
- Energetic, works with a sense of urgency and adapts to the needs of the business.
- Embraces change and proposes more effective ways of working.
- Ability to fulfill the physical requirements of the role with or without accommodations.
- Ability to communicate in a concise, clear and productive manner; seeks to understand others through active listening.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with others to complete tasks and achieve shared goals.
- Fluency in the English language, spoken and written.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays, as needed.
- Committed to punctuality and exemplary attendance.
- Basic math and computer skills.
- ServSafe Certification, California Food Handler card is required within 30 days post-hire. Bi-Rite provides on-site training and certification.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record as this position.
- Continuous standing and carrying between 15-50 pounds.
- Six months retail and food service experience preferred.
- 1+ years driving, delivery preferred.
Our unique staff culture and generous benefits package sets us apart from other food businesses. We offer a 25% (alcohol 20%) discount on purchases throughout the businesses, a meal provided with your shift, medical, dental and vision plan after 60 days of employment, a 401K retirement plan with employer match, access to 18 Reason classes and the opportunity for career advancement. And of course, a team of mindful, smart and happy people to work with every day!
Ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays
Cover letter Required
Other Application Requirements
Submit your resume and cover letter. We’d love for you to take the time to write a few sentences telling what you know and love about the Bi-Rite Family of Businesses, your interest in working at Bi-Rite, and what you hope to learn by working with us.