Humphry Slocombe Website
Wanna Work in the Ice Cream Business?
It takes a village to build a village. We know because back in 2008, Humphry Slocombe began with only two people – two founders Jake and Sean! Since then we’ve expanded into a family of fun and dedicated team members who support the growth of our business.
We believe in nurturing talent and giving team members opportunities for career advancement within the company.
Summary of Position:
Recruit and lead a kick-ass team that wants to give everyone the opportunity to taste Secret Breakfast.
Oversee the day-to-day operations of the store.
Partner across departments to ensure that orders, scheduling, promotions, special events and operations run smoothly
- Hours: Full-time,
- Industry: Food and Beverage,
- Interview, recommend, train, and coach staff to Humphry Slocombe standards
- Coach staff to ensure excellence in customer service
- Maintain required records including cash management log, tip spreadsheets, invoices, etc.
- Ensure safety standards are maintained while food is being handled.
- Maintain equipment and product, including refrigerator, freezer, dip case, etc.
- Uphold and ensure Humphry Slocombe product quality standards
- Cleaning of the store on daily basis, prior to and after the business day.
- Maintain displays ensuring adequate inventory and presentation.
- Place orders for ice cream and accessories to keep the store fully stocked in compliance with Humphry Slocombe operational guidelines
- Manage the store specific Twitter and Instagram feed to let guests know what we’re up to
- 1-2 years retail leadership experience
- California Food Handler card
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently and across teams to build the Humphry Slocombe brand
- Standing for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs
- Ability to regularly work evenings and weekends
Other Application Requirements