Founded in 2004, Charles Chocolates began as one man
- Hours: Full-time,
- Industry: Food and Beverage,
Charles Chocolates, one of the country's premier artisan chocolatiers, is looking for a qualified Store Manager for our Mission district store. The ideal candidate will have retail management experience, a willingness to go above and beyond what is expected and a passion for chocolate.
Responsibilities & Duties:
• Manage all aspects of our retail operations and a staff of up to 5 people
• Work with the Owner and Operations Manager to find ways to increase annual revenues
• Handle employee scheduling, enforce company policy and procedure and hire/terminate employees as necessary
• Lead inventory control, processing and loss prevention
• Ensure the freshness and quality of products by rotating stock, removing soon to expire product and reorder when stock levels are low
• Create and maintain visual merchandising plans inline with the brand aesthetic
• Plan, market and staff special events and demos
• Minimum of 1 year of retail management experience and 2 years retail sales experience
• Open availability and flexibility to work nights, weekends, holidays, store openings and closings according to the needs of the business
• Ability to successfully juggle multiple activities and tasks in stressful situations
• Strong management, leadership and decision-making skills
• Able to freely move about in a store for a minimum of 8 hours/day and lift up to 30 lbs.
• Friendly, professional and pays attention to detail
• Interest and passion for food, especially premium chocolate (tell us about it!)
• Previous premium/specialty food retail sales a plus
We are very passionate about making (and eating!) the best small-batch, handcrafted chocolates and we are looking for a manager that shares our love of food and chocolate. This is a full-time position within a company with future growth opportunities. Charles Chocolates is an equal opportunity employer.
-Frequent company events and outings. Your birthday is officially considered a company event. Let us bake a cake and serenade you!
-FREE CHOCOLATE! We encourage everyone, regardless of what position or department to try every product we offer. We believe in our brand and we want you to as well
- HUGE opportunity for growth. Everyone says this, but we really mean it. Before hiring outside of the company, we ask ourselves which existing employee would be a great fit
Cover letter Required
Other Application Requirements