MMclay is a San Francisco based ceramic studio run by artist and designer, MaryMar Keenan. We produce handmade dinnerware and ceramic tabletop pieces for some of the best restaurants in the country, a growing number of interior designers, and tables all over the world.
We are seeking a diligent Studio Assistant with a good sense of humor, who is passionate about having their hands in clay, knows a thing or two about ceramics, and has a solid understanding of the pottery making process.
- Develop an understanding of the MMclay product lines, and the characteristics unique to each piece
- Studio organization and upkeep
- Wedging clay
- Rolling clay slab and producing ware
- Sanding finished pottery
- Loading / Unloading kiln
**This position is very physical and requires considerable amount of strength and energy**
- Ability to lift 50 lbs or more
- Extended periods of time on your feet
- Comfortable with repetitive movements (e.g. reaching, lifting, bending, kneeling, and stooping)
- Experience working in a clay studio
- A curious mind and a willingness to learn new things
- Ability to create your own structure in a small studio space, while balancing multiple projects and deadlines
- The ability to work in a VERY fast paced, collaborative, team-focused environment
- A keen eye for the details
- Ability to take direction and receive feedback
- Proficient with Google Workspace (formally Google Suite)
* Knowledge of glaze chemistry, throwing, and kiln maintenance would be very welcome.
35-40 hours a week
Other Application Requirements