Advanced Prototype Engineering ("APROE") is a San Francisco based company focused on prototyping and the design and creation of high-end machine shops. We have relationships with some of the most prominent Bay Area tech and design firms.
- Hours: Full-time,
- Industry: Advanced Manufacturing,
We are currently searching for a Technical Researcher to help in the design and creation of machine shops.
• Conduct machine research via internet , speaking with vendors, and/or other machine experts
• Use APROE’s FileMaker database and spreadsheets to track research efforts
• Coordinate with other team members to meet company deadlines
• Be a conduit of information between machine vendors, and the APROE internal team
• Participate in weekly site visits to client facilities around the Bay Area
The ideal candidate is an experienced Researcher with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. The Researcher will work within a team of specialists to design and commission R&D laboratories for corporate clients. The principle function of this position is to support team Project Managers in obtaining technical machine specifications via internet research and direct contact with machine vendors to be entered into spreadsheets and worked into technical documentation to be provided to clients. Acute attention to detail is a must as well as familiarity with various types of utility specifications including: power, compressed air, fume and dust extraction, and others. Candidate must feel comfortable communicating with various parties to gather information and transmit relevant pieces of information in a professional and efficient manner. APROE is a small company, so the ability to think on one’s feet is key. Knowledge of construction, architecture, and equipment are a plus.
APROE relies on solid relationships with machine vendors to conduct our work. This candidate must be able to reach-out, communicate, and compile relevant information from a vendor who is not directly selling a product to our company (little incentive to communicate), and maintain a good working relationship for future projects.
APROE seeks candidates that are upbeat and communicative, drama averse, self-starting, self-directing, and eager to learn. The candidate must be equally comfortable in a shop and client development setting. The Researcher will report to the Project Manager, and will be part of a team of 2-3 other Project Managers, Researchers, and CAD specialists all working together on a shared project. This job is full time for the duration of the project, with a competitive hourly rate. APROE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in project management
• Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent
• Proficient in MS Office, Google Drive, and generally tech savvy
• Strong command of English language, including technical nomenclature
• Experience with architectural design and/or the construction industry a plus
• Adobe Creative Suite experience a plus
• Autodesk Revit experience a plus
• Ability to travel by car and air
• Ability to stand for long periods of time
• Ability to pick up 50 pounds
• Ability to walk around, including climbing stairs, and navigating various stages of construction
Cover letter Required
Other Application Requirements