Heath Ceramics Website
What began as a historic pottery in 1948, has evolved into a collection of businesses anchored in designing and making products, spaces, and experiences of exceptional beauty and uncompromising integrity. We are a manufacturer, led by design and sustainable business practices. We have a very diverse workplace of 200 employees that encompasses manufacturing, retail, design, communications, digital, and administrative functions.
Our original Sausalito location houses our dinnerware factory and showroom. Heath San Francisco houses our tile factory, along with a showroom, and clay studio; our SF Ferry Building location is a small, but mighty, showroom; and Heath LA, a showroom and clay studio. Learn more about our company, at heathceramics.com.
Tile Forming will work under the direction of the Tile Lead and Tile Production Manager. This position has a one-month training period. An ideal candidate has very good attention to detail, works rapidly and is always mindful of quality.
- Perform tile production by working in the current rotation of pressing/sanding/and cutting
- Operation of ram press
- Hand cutting of clay
- Glaze, shape, and bullnose preparation may be needed
- Board washing and other forming preparations
- Organize unfired tile on carts for the glazing team to process
- Communicate with kiln loading crew and potentially glaze teammates on material needs for filling kiln loads
- Maintain the floor around the forming area to be dust free and kiln car runners clear of debris
- Organize greenware and glaze carts according to daily needs
- Help in other departments. This includes board washing and greenware QC.
- Helping in other department depending on the need and the number of kilns scheduled per day
- Rotation running pug mill when needed
Physical Requirements: (Medium to Heavy)
The ability to transport clay, finished goods, and other production materials (up to 35 lbs. at a time). Total weight lifted per day can be 3500 to 5000 lbs.
Other activities, including climbing, balancing, kneeling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, repetitive motion, grasping, and feeling.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Desire to work in a plant environment and to be “hands on”
- Excellent people skills: must be patient, flexible, and calm
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Ability to enhance a team
- Proficiency with basic Mathematics (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division
- Demonstrated ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Demonstrated ability to be reliable and punctual
- Willingness to be flexible and accept instruction from team members
Benefits We are committed to your health and well-being. Heath offers a comprehensive benefit package for full-time employees that includes a choice of medical plan, dental, vision and life and works very hard to keep employee costs low for excellent coverage. We do not require an employee contribution for individual premiums, and we pick up a large portion of the costs for dependent coverage. A generous 401(k) match annually. Our Employee Stock Ownership Plan provides an additional retirement benefit linked to the long term performance of our company. We offer a generous time off allocation, paid family leave, and of course a healthy discount on all Heath Ceramics products.
5:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m., Monday through Friday
Other Application Requirements