Endo Industries Website
Endo is a queer, WOC-owned, legacy-led cannabis company that is building a predictive supply-chain ecosystem that helps operators scale reliable brands grounded in social equity, diversity and wellness through plant medicine.
We do this by providing virus remediation and genetic banking services for breeders, then supplying clean, healthy starter plants to growers from our breeder’s genetics. Our goal is to use the harvested materials from our network of growers to help build consistent and reliable brands from novel cannabis genetics.
Endo is passionate about supporting underrepresented communities and a lofty mission in normalizing plant medicine for human health.
The Work Culture
While we have been in the cannabis industry for over ten years, Endo has been consistently evolving to meet the ever changing cannabis market. As a scrappy, strategic and growing start-up, we value the ingenuity and passion of our team of dedicated cannabis experts. We work hard, have fun, and get things done.
Equity + Inclusion Statement
We are committed to diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion within Endo Industries. We believe equity and diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, age, and ability at Endo Industries fosters innovation and makes us a stronger, better company.
Endo’s commitment to equity begins at providing employment opportunities to underrepresented people including but not limited to people of color, women, veterans, justice-impacted particularly from the War on Drugs.
- Hours: Full-time,
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Endo team is looking for a strong leader to move our Cannabis Tissue Culture Lab forward. The role of the Lab Manager requires a high degree of common sense, critical thinking, people management and problem solving skills. The tissue culture and nursery departments are dynamic because we service clients who have ever changing needs.
Our expectation as a leader at our company is that managers have strong communication and delegation skills to manage team members from diverse backgrounds. This role will also be reporting to upper management, stakeholders and clients to best report what is happening in the department.
On a day-to-day basis, the lab manager will supervise lab techs, media techs and dishwashers to ensure they have the guidance and training to do their jobs effectively and efficiently. The manager will also maintain inventory of germplasm, record and report any issues with plant health to the nursery, upper management and sales teams.
The expectation for this job includes but is not limited to:
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Tissue Culture Lab with primary oversight responsibilities including – initiation, production planning, media preparation, sterilization, and tracking plants.
- Manage the entire tissue culture process and maintain accurate records. Results need to be presented to management and key stakeholders.
- Provide training and oversight to new technicians.
- Media preparation and training of media personnel – mixing necessary ingredients for media preparation.
- Ensure all employees are operating safely and following all company health and safety standards. Serve as safety coordinator and primary lab emergency contact.
- Do the weekly production schedule/planning.
- Ensure that the laboratory is kept in a clean and good operating condition, including working with outside vendors as needed.
- Track and organize preventative maintenance, calibration, and any troubleshooting of equipment.
- Coordinate removal of hazardous waste by external vendors.
- Manage plant hardening and cultivation operations to ensure healthy plant stock is shipped to customers.
- In collaboration with other team members, develop, update, and maintain accurate protocols for the tissue culture process.
- Attend required meetings and participate in team and professional development activities.
- Communicate effectively both written and orally and demonstrate a sense of timeliness.
- Experience in employee management.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, GSuite and/or project management software products.
- Has worked in a lab or sterile environment.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- High degree of attention to detail, organization and being solutions oriented are highly critical.
- 5+ years commercial agriculture experience or 2+ years commercial agricultural experience with a master’s degree level agricultural related degree ideal.
- Physical responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Requires prolonged sitting, standing and some bending, reaching, and stretching.
- Able to lift, carry, and balance up to 75 pounds (150 pounds with assistance).
- Experience working in a tissue culture lab.
- Expertise in the cannabis industry.
- Experience working with plants, particularly cannabis plants.
$65,000 - $80,000 annually depending on experience
Vested company equity, Employee discount on products, Continued professional development and leadership training.
8:00AM - 5:00PM PST. Will require working rotating shifts with varied hours/day, including evenings, weekends, holidays, and special events
Other Application Requirements
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced, equity applicants and formerly incarcerated candidates / justice-impacted people are encouraged to apply
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- Work is generally performed in the lab rooms (indoor) however, occasionally may require working in an indoor/outdoor climate-controlled greenhouse.
- Work is subject to weather conditions, including rain and hot or cold temperatures.
- Involves frequent contact with varied levels of personnel including vendors, visitors, and staff.
- At this time we do not offer medical or retirement benefits (We are a small business and are currently growing. We hope to be able to provide health benefits soon).
- Employee discount on products
- Continued professional development and leadership training
All staff are required to be vaccinated and boosted (unless there is a documented medical reason). Staff who are not vaccinated are required to wear masks.