Dawson Custom Workroom
Dawson Custom Workroom Website
Dawson Custom Workroom provides innovative design solutions for top interior design firms and showrooms across the United States and internationally. The Workroom dedicates itself to providing excellent customer service and crafting high quality custom interior furnishings. As a premiere soft goods fabricator, pride is taken in completing the designer’s ideal vision for their clientele.
- Hours: Full-time,
- Industry: Apparel and Sewn Goods,
High end soft goods manufacturing workroom in the city of San Francisco is looking for full-time Seamstress/Sewer. Primary job duties include sewing draperies, roman shades, pillows, cushions, bedding and other soft goods by hand and using our sewing machines
- Comfortable working with necessary construction and sewing tools such as Industrial sewing machine (e.g. Single needle, Overlock, Tacking machine, Blind Stitch) Fabric Scissors, Air Compressor, Industrial Iron, etc.
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Self-motivated and takes detailed direction well
- Maintains good organization in the workplace
While we welcome applicants with all types of sewing and construction experience, please understand that construction of draperies and window coverings takes a different skill set than most other forms of sewing. Applicants with experience in workrooms and/or construction of heavier soft goods are preferred. Some "on the job" training may be available if necessary.
Applicants must speak fluent English as we do not have translators on site.
There is a 90 day training and trial period, which at the end of the 90 days, the employee is eligible for benefits.
the position would start at 32 hours / week with the potential of growing into a 40 hour/ week job regularly after 6 months
Cover letter Required
Other Application Requirements