Mafia Bags Website
Mafia began as a pursuit to find the perfect bag to carry our wetsuits around the world going from plane to beach and back again all while saving used sails from the landfill. We now operate in four countries, have a growing team of employees, and take part in a global conversation challenging people to think about materials in a more sustainable way. Our belief in a lowimpact lifestyle guides every decision we make, from reusing cardboard shipping boxes to guaranteeing every product we make with a lifetime warranty. We are dedicated to our community of makers, employing local people to cut and sew each bag here in California, and are proud members of B Corporation and SF Made.
- Hours: Full-time,
- Industry: Apparel and Sewn Goods,
This isn’t your ordinary workshop job the role of Workshop Manager requires versatility, openmindedness, creative thinking, and a scrappy, cando attitude. Our ideal candidate is a motivated selfstarter with an eye for aesthetics, meticulous attention to detail, and desire to work with their hands in order to bring great design to life (all the while, saving beautiful material from landfill).
The primary responsibility of the Workshop Manager is to maintain the organization and flow of the workshop. On any given day, this role includes processing and prepping materials for production orders, fulfillment of online orders, and generally helping in any area of the workshop that is needed. We are a growing team, so applicants should be interested in helping to shape the growth of a dynamic, missiondriven company. Sewing, manufacturing, and/or any experience working with one’s hands (while not required) is definitely a plus. Most importantly, we are looking for someone who brings enthusiasm and energy to their work the rest can be learned!
● Maintain organization and flow of the workshop
● Ability to schedule and coordinate workflow based on production deadlines and manufacturing needs, often considering the progress of 10 or more projects (in various stages of production) at once
● Inventory management. Maintaining uptodate inventory of product and materials in realtime
● Handcutting of sails, banners, webbing and any other materials required for production
● Prep and ship out deliveries to third-party customers and/or clients
● Assist management and design team with various other requests as they arise
● Copy sewing patterns
Skills / Preferred Experience
● College degree desired, but not required
● Hardworking, selfstarter
● Strong attention to detail
● Background in art and/or making things (tell us about your hobbies!)
● Ability to visualize in three dimensions (ex: from pattern to product)
● Skilled at working with hands
● Ability to multitask and coordinate the timely completion of multiple projects simultaneously
● Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication
● Proficiency with Google Sheets and operating spreadsheets in Excel
● Proficiency with Photoshop a plus
● Positive, cando attitude. Skilled at finding creative solutions to wouldbe roadblocks
● Sewing and pattern development experience is a plus, but not required
● A passion for the outdoors and living a lowimpact lifestyle is strongly encouraged!
Commensurate with experience.
Cover letter Required
Other Application Requirements