We need your expertise! As a volunteer advisor you can share your knowledge and first-hand industry experience with our manufacturers who need help growing their businesses. We are for looking advisors who can provide general business advice as well as expertise in specific sectors and opportunity areas. Commitment is on an as-needed basis, so can be as little as a few hours per month.
We are looking for volunteers with expertise in the following:
- Retail or Distribution Strategy
- Marketing and PR
- Finance & Capital
- Supply Chain Management
- Organizational/Workforce planning
- Design/Product Development
And/or industry experience in the following:
- Food and Beverage Manufacturing
To apply fill out the form below:
NOTE: ALL INFORMATION WILL BE KEPT CONFIDENTIAL
The fine print:
We will go over the information you provided and might require more details. We look forward to confirming you are on board as an advisor! You will then receive a confirmation email.
This volunteer agreement form demonstrates how we value your time when working with our SFMade companies in an advisory capacity. We greatly appreciate your contribution to SFMade, and we look forward to providing a volunteer experience that is both productive and rewarding.
The volunteer agrees to volunteer his time, under the supervision of SFMade, to provide high level guidance and functional knowledge to SFMade client manufacturing companies.
The volunteer advisor understands that he or she will not receive payment of any kind for the services he or she provides to SFMade.
SFMADE COMMITS TO THE FOLLOWING:
* To match you with appropriate SFMade member companies so you will be effective in your role, and provide background on each company to be advised;
* To maintain a primary “case management” relationship with each SFMade company participating in our business advising program(s) and to take the lead on discerning appropriate areas of advising focus for each company;
* To set expectations of the SFMade member company as to the volunteer role and to help manage expectations regarding volunteer time and appropriate and inappropriate use of time;
* To provide feedback to you regarding your effectiveness and the progress of the advised company;
* To treat you with respect and courtesy at all times. To be receptive to any comments and feedback from all our volunteers. To value and recognize our volunteers as a significant resource in achieving the goals of our organization.
VOLUNTEER COMMITS TO THE FOLLOWING:
* At least 3 hours per month of volunteer time;
* To complete an Advising Meeting Record for each meeting and return to SFMade;
* To meet time and task commitments and to provide sufficient notice when not available;
* To not contract or sell directly or indirectly any product or service to SFMade member companies, unless previously agreed upon in writing by SFMade;
* To act in a way that is in line with the aims and objectives of the organization and that enhances the work of the organization.
This volunteer agreement form is not intended to be a legally binding contract between the volunteer and SFMade. Neither party intends any employment relationship to be created now or at any time in the future.
Thank you very much for answering this form!
You will hear from us soon.